Holiday Shots – Christmas Cookie

 

Each year during the holidays, I tinker with different festive cocktail and shot recipes. I’ll scour the deep, dark, recessed cobwebs of my brain, as well as the interweb for ideas and inspiration.  Keeping in mind that I have a bit of a sweet tooth, I am easily swayed down the path of decadence. This year’s favorite leans mightily in that direction.

Only four ingredients are required to build this blast of flavor, three of which you likely have in your bar supply as you read this. The following will make a pair of healthy-sized shots. Feel free to take wimp sips if you must…

 ·         2 oz        Irish Crème

·         1 oz        Butterscotch Schnapps

·         ½ oz       Cointreau

·         Splash   Kahlua  (1/2 Tbsp)

 

Combine the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake.  Pour into shot glasses.  Consume with gusto.

This also works famously over rocks as an after-dinner closer.  I’ve tested it.  I know…

Cheers!